Fountain Campus: We are in S403 (Seeds Building). Red pencils point the way from the North Block entrance (by the Print Shop on Granville) or from the North Side of the Student Lounge.
A little hyperbole: we have yet to save any lives, but we can make a big difference! Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors can help you think through any stage of your writing assignments, in any year of your study. We can help with:
• formulating a thesis
• explaining, organizing, and connecting your points
• grammar, spelling, punctuation
• English as another language
• clarity and focus in your writing
• citations and documentation of sources
• developing your voice as a confident writer
How to book an appointment
It’s always better to make an appointment, although drop ins may be possible. Check for availability by clicking on the links below:
Online Booking Instructions
Writing Centre Online Calendar
PROTOCOL FOR BOOKING WRITING CENTRE DURING COVID-19 CLOSURE:
• Writing Centre is open online and as of Monday, Mar 23, will have increased available appointment times for students’ convenience
• Students may make their bookings as they always have, via mrbs.nscad.ca.
On the Day of Appointment
• Students receive (via NSCAD email) link that invites them to “join” their appointment via Microsoft Teams app.
• Students should use OneDrive to upload any documents they want to share with the tutor (do this before your appointment)
Need Help Getting Started?
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a ‘test’ appointment to get comfortable with the tools. Test appointments will be offered at 9:30am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays weekly until the end of semester.
• Check out the ‘quick start’ guide for students (sent as OneDrive link with appointment confirmation).
If these times conflict with your class schedule, please contact Rebecca Barker at email@example.com.