The Office of Registrar provides information and advice on academic issues related to your program of studies. The advisors in the office are available by appointment.
During an individual Academic Advising appointment, the advisor may:
- Review a student’s academic program, courses completed and remaining requirements;
- Discuss program selection (BFA, BDes, BA) and Majors and Minors;
- Discuss course selections, prerequisites, and (if relevant) grades required;
- Discuss graduation requirements.
Students are encouraged to read the Academic Calendar carefully and are encouraged to take responsibility for their academic goals. Students are expected to make themselves familiar with the university and academic regulations as well as the program and course requirements.
Scheduling an Academic Advising Appointment
If review of the Academic Calendar and of the FAQ’s does not supply the answer to your question, or if you wish to discuss your particular needs, contact the Office of the Registrar to make a personal appointment. You can either drop in to the office, email email@example.com, or call 902 494 8260 to set up a time that works for you.
During peak periods (Add/Drop period, Registration Priority course selection, beginning of semester etc.) advising appointments will fill quickly, so students are encouraged to make appointments well in advance.
Contacting an Advisor Directly
• Foundation students
• Upper-year students with family names starting with letters A-K who have completed their Foundation requirements:
• Upper-year students with family names starting with letters L-Z who have completed their Foundation requirements:
• PBAC and VAC Students:
• Graduate Students
Advisor: Program Director
PROGRAM-SPECIFIC ACADEMIC ADVISING
If you have questions regarding a specific program, you are also encouraged to meet with the Division Chair who coordinates that specific area. They can offer the expertise and experience you are seeking. Contact information for the Division Chairs and Program Directors can be found here.